IP Telephony is a natural evolutionary step from your traditional telephony solutions to an IP network based solution which is highly available, more secure and feature rich.
The IP Telephony services and solutions available can provide rich integration opportunities with other workforce productivity solutions, all of which are important components in achieving a Unified Communications environment.
Improved Organisational Productivity
– through the use of IP Telephony, organisations are able to more effectively service both internal and external customers.
Reduced Telephony Related Costs can be recognised through:
- Single Data, Voice, and Video network infrastructures and the associated costs of providing and supporting three infrastructures.
- Reduced telecommunication costs through the optimal use of network bandwidth – to facilitate both Voice and Video across the IP Network.
- End User based telephony relocations.
- High availability in support of Business Continuity.
- Presence Enabled Directories – showing the availability of employees.
- Click to Call capabilities from within commonly utilised desktop applications – improving employee efficiency.
- Improved Mobility - through the support of Dual Mode (Wireless LAN and GSM/3G) telephony, and extension mobility between locations.